How I can help:
- Workshops to prepare for growth.
- Coaching to improve leadership.
- Speaking engagements to motivate your team.
- Consulting to embed new process or culture.
- And dozens of other ways.
My criteria for selecting a pro-bono client and project:
- Are you in the Chicago area?
- Do you have 40 or more employees?
- Is your focus primarily on underserved youth?
- Is one of your goals to reduce violence in the city?
- Are you a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit?
If you answered most of these with a yes, then let’s talk. Please send me an email, or call me, and we can discuss your needs.
Prior to moving back to Chicago in 2011, I lived in Berrien County in southwest Michigan. This was my home for over 40 years. While I lived there, I had two lengthy experiences that shaped my interest in helping underserved youth.
I lived near and worked in the City of Benton Harbor, Michigan. Through much of the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, Benton Harbor was a city of high crime, low standard of living and even lower opportunity for the disadvantaged. I saw first-hand the neglect faced by some sectors of our society. I was also able to make a small difference by working Habitat for Humanity projects, working with the poor, and consulting with city government.
I was also heavily involved in lay ministry for youth in Benton Harbor, holding several leadership roles. I saw first-hand how a little extra attention can make a huge difference in the lives of young people. Through events, coaching, training and counseling, I believe I made a difference helping young people better integrate with their communities and prepare for their futures.