A few months ago, my colleague Jeff Skipper and I recorded a video about sponsorship. Take a few minutes to tune in.
According to a recent Prosci study, active and visible sponsorship is the most important contributor to change management success. In fact, their bi-annual study consistently reports that lack of adequate sponsorship is the number one issue facing projects.
Are you providing the sponsorship your change project requires? Here are a few questions to help you determine if you are doing what is necessary to drive a successful project:
1. Is it clear to the organization that you are the senior sponsor identified to drive the change?
2. Are you communicating regularly with those impacted by the change?
3. When you communicate, are you talking about outcomes, and are you receiving feedback?
4. Do you hold the project team accountable by attending project meetings and asking probing questions about the status of the project?
5. Do you actively manage and mitigate risk?
Are you helping the project team implement activities to sustain the change?
If you answered yes to more than four of these questions above, then your project will likely succeed.
Dedicated to your profitable transformation,